It’s all about figuring out who is the decision maker
Here’s why the decision condition is important:
• Situation where prospect tells you to think it over
• Find out the person who you’ve been talking to can’t even buy what you have EVEN IF HE WANTED TO!
• We’re going to figure out the decision making process for an individual or a company. No guessing, getting to the
truth as quickly as possible
How do you know you can enter the decision making manner:
• You set the right expectations at the beginning of the conversation
• They have REAL pain
• They have a budget
• Summarize PAIN and Budget then just transition to what the decision making process is
• if we can do this, what would be the next step for you
• When asking for how they make decisions, never believe them on the first answer
• Prospects always lie
• They might have to talk to their wife, kids, etc
• May have to get approval from the CEO
Another technique to ask for decision making process
• Let’s say we go through with this, what’s that going to look like
• Will I mainly be talking to you
• Is it just you who’s going to give me feedback
• Who else do you think we should involve here?
• Do you think this will effect anyone else at the company?
• Typically when I work with clients like you, there’s a approval process…I was curious to know if you’re company has one as well.
Yes, No, & Maybe
• Never walk out with a maybe. I’ll think it over
• It’s either Yes or No
• If they say maybe, you have to get to the truth of why they can’t make a decisions
• But if you have a longer sales cycle where it takes multiple meetings, you just need to check in every meeting things are consistent and its moving in the right direction.
• Don’t leave it to chance, uncover the No if it’s in there early. Don’t waste your time. STAND YOUR GROUND.
• Who – who makes the decision, what their roles are, direct or indirect influence. Who else is involved there buyer?
• What – what is involved in each decision making step
• When – when will the decision made
• Where – what what level will the decision be made
• How – how will the decision be made?
• Why – why are decisions made this way?
• Before making a presentation, you must make an agreement that the prospect will make a yes or no decision at the end of the presentation.
• Some situations, you can’t get to all the decision makers so one person is sent to collect all the information
• First do your best to get all the decision makers, if not here’s what you do
• At the end of the presentation and the person is ready to go back to his team, ask if with all of this, would you buy my service (get a yes or no)
• if no it’s over
• if yes, you create this social pressure. he’s emotionally invested
How to empower the Champion
Ask him what they might ask you and give him all the answers
• Go over hypotheticals and give them all the answers
• He knows better than you would
• Then when they face those situations, they know exactly what to say
• Draw a chart of the entire organization
• Put a check mark in all the different departments that will be effected by this decision
• Who the people in charge in each department are
• Find the person you have the best relationship with
• write down everything you know about him: social, business, and technical